The Boyfriend is big into “Man Food”: bad for you, totally epic food made out of everything in the cupboard. I think he feels this is a balance to the healthy stuff I make, haha. He wanted to improve upon the last epic dog and so we did. With that, I bring you:
- 1 hot dog (Hebrew National brand)
- 1 bun
- 2 slices bacon
- ½ oz (3 slices) habanero cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp ranch
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 2 tbsp crushed Mrs. Vickie’s jalapeno chips
1) Start by cooking the bacon. You can cook it however you want—oven, microwave, skillet—but I highly recommend frying it to achieve maximum bacon-crispiness.
2) While the bacon is cooking, get your cheese sliced, your jalapenos chopped, your chips crushed, and the hot dog cooked.
3) Remove bacon from skillet and drain grease. Halve each piece of bacon so that you have 4 small pieces rather than 2 huge ones.
4) Assemble hot dog as so: bun, hot dog, bacon, jalapenos, and cheese. Pop the whole thing in the oven at broil until cheese melts. Remove from oven and top with ranch and potato chip crumbs.
If you have ever seen Epic Mealtime than you know that they keep a fat and calorie counter at the bottom of the video. Their concoctions are usually in the tens of thousands of calories and always have double- or triple-digit fat grams. The Boyfriend decided that he wanted to go full-on EMT and see how his epic dog compared. If you want to enjoy this dog then you should probably ignore the next part: SPOILERS AHEAD!